The Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad #493 makes use of tight space!
The Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad & Museum covers approximately 45 miles of track between Durango and Silverton, Colorado and operates year round.
Built between 1881 and 1882, The Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad is the oldest continuously operating steam engine line in the United States!
Quick Facts about locomotive #493
- Rail Line: Durango and Silverton Railroad
- Train Name: Rio Grande Class K-28
- Power type: 2-8-2 locomotive
- Builder: American Locomotive Company
- Train type: Excursion
- Engine Weight : 223,550 Lbs
- Year Built: 1924
If you’ve ever taken a ride on the Durango & Silverton or a train like this let us know in the comments below! Would love to hear your experience on this classic piece of history!
Source: Train Fanatics