UP 4014 and UP 844 putting on a show!
Who knew that Union Pacific Shop would someday roll out a double header when Big Boy made his inaugural run after 60 years in storage.
In what can only be called the gift of a lifetime for rail fans everywhere, UP 4014 AND UP 844 are teamed up to celebrate the Cheyenne, Wyoming to Ogden, Utah 150th Anniversary of the Golden Spike Ceremony.
The Big Boys could pull a 5 1/2 mile long train on level ground!
- Rail Line: Union Pacific
- UP 4014 : Big Boy 4-8-8-4 Steam Locomotive Class 4000
- UP 844: 4-8-4 Steam Locomotive FEF-3 class Northern/li>
- Builder: American Locomotive Company
- 4014 Locomotive and tender weight: 1,250,000 lbs
- 844 Locomotive and tender weight: 907,890 lbs
Let us know if you have had the opportunity to witness these classic locomotives in action. We would love to hear about your experience!
Source: Train Fanatics